- Jörg Asmussen (Member of the Executive Board, European Central Bank),
- Dr. Enrico Tommaso Cucchiani ([Ex] Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer of Intesa Sanpaolo),
- Jens Henriksson (President, NASDAQ OMX Stockholm),
- Dr. Gerard Lyons (Chief Economic Advisor to the Mayor of London), and
- Xavier Musca (Deputy Chief Executive Officer, Crédit Agricole)
- 1st phase: European authorities had to deal with failing banks through guarantees, equity injections, and nationalizations.
- 2nd phase: To combat recession following the banking crisis, European member states used fiscal and monetary policies to stimulate demand, weaken the Euro, and lower interest rates.
- 3rd phase: As phase 2 triggered budget deficits, member states now deal with budget consolidation, as consistent and coherent as possible.
- economic freedom,
- containment of the role of the state,
- investment in education and R&D,
- quality of infrastructures, and
- early and mandatory adoption of English as a second language which is a fundamental prerequisite for labor mobility.
- Show empathy with people
- Analyze the problem
- Make a value judgment (“This is unfair and needs to be changed.”)
- Plan for the measures to implement change