|Commemorative Logo for the 80th Anniversary|
- They encouraged investors to refinance trade finance banks through securitization guarantee schemes. The major example is Euler Hermes' securitization guarantee scheme.
- ECAs provided loans directly to exporters.
- Many ECAs put working capital covers in place.
- The European Commission installed a regime for short-term trade credit insurance under the premise that private insurance coverage is insufficient.
- The Berne Union sticks to so-called frontier markets such as Vietnam, Gabon, Ghana, Nigeria, Kenya, Tanzania, Congo, Mongolia, and Zambia.
- With the rise of inter-Asian trade, ECAs expect the continent becoming more important in the near future.
- Due to its strong growth, Latin America is considered a promising market for export and investment insurance in the next decade. Top markets today are Brazil, Bermuda (cruise ship registration), Mexico, Panama, and Argentina.